We are very happy to share with you that on June 21st the Windsor Essex County Health Unit informed us that the most recent outbreak of COVID-19 at Country Village – Woodslee has been declared OVER.
It is thanks to the tremendous efforts of our entire care team, the support of our family partners, and the help of the broader community and our healthcare partners that we have been successful in the battle against this virus at Country Village – Woodslee.
Our priority going forward is to ensure that our home remains free of COVID-19 and continue to protect the health and safety of our residents, staff and their loved ones. If you ever have any questions for us, please feel free to contact us.
Please see below for our contact information.
New for families – Regular updates for families can be accessed on the website.
This family newsletter is sent by email and mail to the family member identified as the key contact for each resident.
Families with questions should please contact the home at or email at
Media and other public inquiries please contact Southbridge Communications:
You Asked – We Answered
Our staff members are happy to answer your questions. The best number to call is 519-839-4812.
Updates on the case data for Country Village Long Term Care Home, and other long-term care homes in the province can be found on the Ministry of Health’s website here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-ontario-is-responding-covid-19
Information specific to long-term care in Windsor Essex County can be found on WECHU’s website here: https://www.wechu.org/cv/local-updates
Protecting the health and well-being of everyone within the Country Village – Woodslee community is always our top priority. With the spread of COVID-19, we have strengthened our existing protocols, and have established a number of new protective measures including:
- All staff and residents have undergone rapid testing for COVID-19.
- All staff are actively screened following Public Health guidelines upon entrance and exit from the facility.
- Staff who test positive for the virus are not permitted to return to work until they meet the requirements set out by public health officials.
- Part-time staff have been transitioned to full-time hours.
- Consistent with the government directive, our employees are not to work at other homes.
- Proactive bi-weekly testing of staff.
Infection Control and Care
- Close monitoring of all residents for symptoms of the virus as per Public Health directives.
- Staff continue to provide all necessary care and support to our residents.
- The rooms where the residents are living are thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitized including the use of equipment specifically designed to enhance infection control.
- Increased cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as handrails.
- Ongoing education conducted with staff to reinforce infection control procedures and all new directives.
Personal Protective Equipment Usage (PPE)
- We are providing our staff with the necessary PPE to deliver care and services to our residents and to protect our team members.
- We have ensured that an adequate supply of PPE is available in the near term, with the continued acceptance of donations from caring members of the community.
Connections to outside
- Only essential visitors are permitted to the Home following screening and provision of PPE.
- Maintaining connection and support for the residents to their friends and families through phone calls, emails, text messages or video messaging.
- Scheduled outdoor in-person visits by family members.
We adhere to strict privacy guidelines, which include only sharing resident information with the POA. This protects our residents, which is our top priority. We are happy to work with you to find a time that works in your schedule for regular updates about your loved one. Thank you for your understanding.
We know that with the change in our outbreak status, you will no doubt hope to visit with your loved one very soon. You can call Country Village at 519-839-4812 x 206 to book a time to visit with your loved one. We are now working through the details and revising our policies and protocols to ensure alignment with the directives of the Ministry and Public Health to allow this to happen at our home.